1.The United States and Iraq have extensive communication and cooperation in various fields, (referring to the Agreement Strategy which was signed between the two countries in 2008.)
2. US military presence in Iraq (if the US put Iraq in travel ban list, Iraq might do the same thing. Then US military and diplomatic presence in Iraq would be ambiguous.)
3. The strong relationship between the Kurdistan Region and the US (If Iraq be in the ban list, Kurds will not be able to travel to the country and Americans can’t be present in the region.)
4. The split in Iran-Iraq front (as many Iraqi Shia groups have close relationship with the Islamic Republic of Iran, putting the two countries in the ban list could form a strong anti-United States front. It could’ve also strongly stimulated public opinion in the Arab world against the US.)
5. Fear of the resistance groups (currently, US military forces are legally present in Iraq. If US put Iraq in the ban list, Iraq would’ve retaliated. Then the presence of US military forces would have been deemed illegal and the resistance group would’ve launched attacks on American forces.)
6. It has been 14 years that the United States seek to realize Liberal – Democrats thinking in Iraq. If US put Iraq in the ban list, Iraqi public opinion of US would be strongly negative.
7. The United States has been trying since 2014 to 2016 and could make a close and good relationship with Haider al-Abadi. If US put Iraq in travel ban list, it could have ruined all US plans within the past two years. This is despite the fact that Iraq will experience two important elections (provincial and parliamentary) in two years.
8. The open case of ISIS: the ISIS crisis and continuing war against ISIS in Iraq and Syria contributed the presence of US forces in the region and they follow up their activities without any concern. If US put Iraq in the ban list, undoubtedly, the US presence in the region would be critical.
9. There is no document: the United States adopted the issue without any documentation and failed to offer a document which prove Iraq was involved in the terrorist operations in US. It is also unacceptable for the people of Iraq and other countries that accuse a country without any document or evidence.
from Instituto Manquehue - rss http://ift.tt/2moPPG9