The island’s police have notified that Saudi Arabia’s king, who is currently vacationing in Bali with his 1500-person entourage, has extended his vacation till March 12th.
Media outlets had been saying that the Saudi king was to continue his Southeast Asia tour, leaving Bali on March 9th to travel to China.
According to reports by Indonesia’s official news outlet, Antara, one Bali police official said on Tuesday that he received a copy from the letter sent by the Saudi embassy to the Indonesian Foreign Affairs Ministry.
In the letter it was stated that “King Salman” will extend his stay in Bali until the 12th, and as such he will remain on the island for a total of 8 days.
As of yet it is still unknown if the king’s trip to China has been canceled or postponed, and Chinese officials have not said anything on the matter. Only Arab media outlets have so far reported on the king’s trip to Southeast Asia, China and Japan.
According to the original schedule, King Salman was supposed to stay in China between the 10thand the 13th of March, and in Japan from the 14th to the 16th, moving on to Jordan thereafter.
The king’s royal Bali vacation, who calls himself the Custodian of the Holy Mosques, was widely reported for the king’s accompanying 460 ton luggage; a number of articles are written everyday in Indonesia reporting on the king’s vacation, prompting a response from Presidential aide Jusuf Kala, who said that two countries are spoken of in the media, rich countries, and extremist countries like North Korea.
The Saudi king has so far visited Brunei, Malaysia, and Indonesia in his Asia tour.
from Instituto Manquehue - rss http://ift.tt/2n8dtqb